MASS COORDINATORS SERVE THE PEOPLE OF GOD
Devoted to the Celebration of the Holy Eucharist
With reverence, grace, and attention to detail, the Mass Coordinators at our Sunday, weekday, Holy Day, and special Masses assure a smooth and graceful liturgy. We are grateful for their commitment to serving our Lord and his people
When he was about to celebrate with his disciples the Passover meal in which he instituted the sacrifice of his Body and Blood, Our Lord instructed that a large, furnished upper room be prepared (Luke 22:12). In a similar way our worship space is arranged and preparations made for the celebration of the Holy Eucharist, the “source and summit” of our faith. As the People of God gather for an encounter with Our Lord in the Holy Eucharist, the Mass Coordinator performs a variety of tasks in preparation for a sacred and reverent liturgy. In thirty minutes or less, with poise and efficiency, the Mass Coordinator assures that:
• Lectors, Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion, Altar Servers, and Ushers are present. If any are absent, substitutes are located or adjustments are made.
• A sufficient quantity of hosts and wine to be consecrated during the Mass are prepared.
• Liturgical books are in place: Lectionary, Book of the Gospels, Presider’s binder, and Lector’s Intercessions binder.
• Liturgical vessels to be used by the presider and ministers are in place.
• Bookstand and liturgical linens are available.
• Preparations are made for special rituals (e.g., Confirmation rituals, RCIA scrutinies, First Communion) and that the ministers and ushers are apprised of detailed procedures.
• Ushers are advised when a special collection is scheduled for the Mass.
Sunday and Weekday Mass Coordinators
5:30 p.m. (Vigil), Onie Mora, Cecil Nyein, Jean Marie Sindelar
7:30 a.m., Sophia Camejo, Janie Pulte
9:30 a.m., Carmen Dashiell, Sarita B. White
11:30 a.m., Cristina Thomas
1:30 p.m. (Spanish), Jesús Escobar
5:30 p.m. (Vietnamese), James Dao
7:30 p.m. (Spanish), Lucy San Martín
6:30 a.m., Lorayne Helin
8:30 a.m., Veronica Rosete
Mass Coordinators volunteer to serve at special Masses (e.g., Holy Days of Obligation, Holy Week, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Confirmation, First Holy Communion). They follow detailed guidelines and attend rehearsals for these occasions.
We are grateful to the Mass Coordinators for their commitment to service and devotion to the celebration of the Holy Eucharist.