In our parish, preparation to receive the sacrament of confirmation is a two-year process, during which participants have the opportunity to learn more about their Catholic faith and how to serve God as an active disciple of Jesus Christ. We provide the time and space away from distractions to allow our confirmation candidates to be alone with God, to grow in their personal relationship with God, and to develop an understanding of their place within a faith community.
During their high school years, teens begin to see the world in new ways as they move beyond thinking mainly of themselves to developing a deep concern and care for others. This is the Holy Spirit working within. During preparation for confirmation, candidates realize that the Holy Spirit, which resides in each of us, is indeed ready for action and service to the world. We encourage you to be open to the process and say “Yes!” to God’s gift of the sacrament of confirmation.
We look forward to your participation in this special time of spiritual formation for the youth of our parish. Confirmation preparation involves learning, sharing, serving, fellowship, spiritual growth, and fun!
Teen Confirmation sessions begin in October and conclude in May. The process is conducted in compliance with Archdiocese guidelines for the protection of youth and adults. The 2022-2023 Sessions will take place in-person at the Parish Hall, depending on coronavirus pandemic guidelines from local public health authorities and the Archdiocese.
Please review the 2022-2023 Confirmation Calendar:
— Select a sponsor
— Attend all sessions
— Attend all confirmation retreats
— Attend and serve during Sunday Youth Mass (10:30 a.m.)
— Serve as an usher, greeter, lector, or choir member at Sunday Youth mass
— Complete the required service projects
- Take seriously your role as the primary educator of your child
- Serve as a model for your children by being a committed Christian
- Worship regularly with your family
- Take an active interest in assisting your son or daughter with the preparation for the sacrament of confirmation. Canon Law prohibits parents from sponsoring their own children
- Attend meetings, programs, prayer services, and other programs planned in support of the confirmation candidate
- Serve on a confirmation committee as a captain, co-captain, or committee member
- Attend adult education sessions along with the confirmation sponsors
- Observe a class session if you would like to do so
J . P. Fernandez, Youth Ministry and Confirmation Coordinator
818.341.6634, ext. 1018