FORWARD IN MISSION
Jubilee Year in Honor of the 250th Anniversary of the Founding of Mission San Gabriel Arcángel, the Birthplace of Christian Faith in Los Angeles
September 11, 2021 - September 10, 2022
During this “Forward in Mission” Jubilee Year we will strive to revive the life of faith in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles through the proclamation of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the raising up of a new generation of missionary disciples.
St. Joseph the Worker was selected as a Pilgrimage Site and hosted forty hours of Eucharistic Adoration in preparation for the Rite of the Opening of the Holy Door preceding 9:00 a.m. Mass on September 12, 2021.
Religious Education Program Welcomes You!
Registration Closing Soon! Register Now!
Catechetical sessions are offered in English, Spanish, and Vietnamese to new and returning children and youth in grades 1-8, as well as to children and youth with special needs. All sessions will take place in-person, on-site, in our parish facilities. Sessions begin early October and conclude in mid-May.
The health and safety of students, families, and the catechetical team is a priority. The Religious Education program operates in accordance with Archdiocese and local and state government guidelines relative to COVID-19 restrictions.
The registration procedure is the same for new and returning families. Download and print the appropriate registration packet from the links below, or pick up a packet at the Parish Center.
In-person registration ONLY: At “La Casita” Wednesdays, 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m., through September 22. (LAST DAY!).
Religious Education personnel will be available during these office hours. The La Casita Room is located near the Parish Center. Use the Sherman Way entrance to the parking lot, park, and follow the signs to La Casita. Enter through the small gate adjacent to the school building.
Please stop by to register your child and help us spread the word among your family and friends.
Consult the Religious Education Page for details of schedule and fees.
Religious Education Registration Packet, Returning Families, 2021-2022
Religious Education Registration Packet, New Families, 2021-2022
Religious Education Office: 818.341.6634, ext. 1016, or
email Karina Villanueva, Religious Education Coordinator
—Para español haga clic aquí
—Tiếng Việt Nam, bấm vào đây
Teen Confirmation 2021-2022
Registration Closing Soon!
Register Now for Year 1 and Year 2!
The Confirmation/Youth Ministry program welcomes our youth to the Confirmation process. Now is the time to register for 2021-2022.
• Open to teens 8th through 12th grade
• A two-year process
• Expand your knowledge of the Catholic faith
• Learn how to serve God as an active disciple of Jesus Christ
• Grow in your personal relationship with God
Registration Procedure, Year 1 and Year 2
Download and print the Registration Form for Year 1 here and/or for Year 2 here. Deliver the completed form with your payment (check or money order only, payable to St. Joseph the Worker; no cash) to J. P. Fernandez, Youth Ministry and Confirmation Coordinator, at “La Casita” during either of these office hours:
Thursdays, 5:15 p.m. – 8:15 p.m. or Sundays, 9:00 a.m. - Noon
If you are unable to deliver the packet during these hours, please email JP Fernandez to schedule an appointment.
The La Casita Room is located near the Parish Center. Use the Sherman Way entrance to the parking lot, park, and follow the signs to La Casita. Enter through the small gate adjacent to the school building.
For more about the sacrament of Confirmation, visit the Teen Confirmation page.
Youth Ministry and Confirmation Coordinator
Exciting School News!
Tuition Assistance for New Families
Through a generous donation to the Catholic Education Foundation (CEF), tuition assistance is available to NEW families to our Catholic school system. The amount can be nearly 50% off the tuition amount. Please share this great news with families you know who hesitate to apply to St. Joseph the Worker School because of the cost of tuition.
This tuition assistance program is tiered specifically for SJW School. Assistance is renewable each year as long as the applicant re-applies and qualifies.
• Student must have a registration date after 7/1/21.
• Student can be in grade TK through 8th.
• Student cannot have been enrolled in a Los Angeles Archdiocese Catholic school during the spring semester of the 2020-2021 school year.
• If the student was previously enrolled in a Catholic school, the student should be at least one semester removed from the Los Angeles Catholic school system.
• Exceptions can be made if the student was previously at another Catholic school that is not within a 20-mile radius of St. Joseph the Worker School or if the student’s previous Catholic school has been closed.
• Schools are discouraged from providing additional financial aid beyond the CEF Shea Tuition Award. (Parish and sibling discounts are acceptable.)
• However, if additional aid is necessary, schools are asked to be conservative with their internal allocations.
• The student's family income must not exceed the New Enrollment Initiative: Shea Tuition Award (STA) Income Guidelines.
For Tuition Award Income Guidelines and additional information, see the English flyer and Spanish flyer.
Please share this great news and let’s grow our SJW Family together!
Mr. CJ Kruska, M.A. Ed.
Principal, St. Joseph the Worker School
Safeguard the Children
The Archdiocese Office of Safeguard the Children is dedicated to “protecting all of God’s children.” The Office provides support, education, training, and resources to help prevent child sexual abuse and to address children’s safety in our parishes, schools, homes, and communities.
The Office issues weekly articles for publication on parish websites and in the parish bulletin. Because we are not publishing a bulletin at this time, we include each weekly statement HERE in English and Spanish.
We are accepting Mass Intention Requests for the period October through December 2021. Download and print the Mass Intention Request form. Complete the form and deliver or mail it to the Parish Center with your $10.00 per Mass donation. A check payable to St. Joseph the Worker Catholic Church is preferred; cash is accepted (exact amount, please). There is a limit of four requests per family. We do not accept phone requests.
The church building is now open for all Masses. We continue to follow State, County, and Archdiocese public health guidelines.
• With the current increase of COVID-19 cases in Los Angeles County, everyone is required to wear a mask indoors (whether you are vaccinated or not).
• While we no longer need to follow six-foot distancing practices, you are encouraged to maintain a three-foot distance from the next group or family in the pews.
• Archbishop Gomez has rescinded the dispensation from attending Mass on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation. All are obligated to attend Mass. If, however, you have a fever or feel ill, please feel free to stay at home.
We all have a responsibility to care for one another.
Supporting Your Parish
Now that our Masses take place once again in the church, please renew your commitment to supporting your parish. The past many months of lower Mass attendance because of Covid concerns, and therefore reduced weekly collection, have been a financial challenge for our parish. While we understand that everyone’s situation is different, we encourage you to be generous in your support of St. Joseph the Worker.
Now is the time to give online!
Electronic Giving (e-giving) is an easy, convenient way to support your parish. Click on "e-giving" at the top right corner of this page and follow the instructions. You have the option to set up your contributions on an ongoing basis or as a one-time donation.
Our weekly bulletin routinely publishes collection statistics, comparing a particular week of the current year with the same week the previous year. Because we are not publishing the bulletin during this time, we have included collection data here. The chart below compares the most recent week’s collection with the same week in 2020.
Mail: If you prefer, you may mail your offering (envelope or check) to the parish: St. Joseph the Worker Church, 19808 Cantlay Street, Winnetka, CA 91306.